Updates from MountainProject.com

This is an ongoing post of my ever evolving climbing life.  Every time I update Mountain Project I will add it here as well.  I used MP as a blog space but now I'm limited to 500 characters (Thanks REI).

As of 5/11/2018:  I've been living at Shambhala Mountain Center near Red Feather Lakes for almost 2 years.  Not many ticks last season but my shining moment was climbing Lone Eagle Peak and establishing a new pitch on the standard North Face (Sound of Music).  This season I hope to find a partner for a Poudre 5.12 project.

Back in 2016 I climbed quite a bit with my friend Allen.  We did Kor's Flake at Lumpy Ridge and Spearhead.  I miss climbing with that guy.  Once I'm finished at Shambhala Mountain Center there are many partners with whom I intend to reunite.

As of 8/21/2015:  I found a partner to work on Empire of the Fenceless in Boulder Canyon.  We sent it on our 4th session.  I'm pretty stoked, and completing this route has certainly boosted my confidence to attempt harder climbs.  I probably won't start another project this season.  I think I'll focus on my trad tick list. 

As of 6/26/15:  It's been a while, again.  Over half of my Neptune Hit List is ticked.  The last few years were tumultuous.  Not many routes climbed.  Not enough training.  Thankfully I'm back in full force this year.  Training again.  And climbing better than ever.  I'm still going after 5.12.  Currently looking for a dedicated partner to work a project.  I've also focused on teaching a couple of friends this past year on how to be safe; placing gear, anchors, etc.  This has given me great appreciation for climbing.  Seeing the joy in my friends' faces after their first trad leads is priceless.  And this has given me an opportunity to tick routes from my list. 

As of 4/30/12:   Wow, it's been a while.  Yellow Spur was ticked in August.  No 12a redpoint yet mostly because I haven't been trying too hard.  I'm feeling lucky this season, though.  The Neptune Hitlist is slowly diminishing, and there are many routes to be ticked.  Just got back from Red Rock Canyon last week with my girlfriend which made a great start to the season.  I hope to get back there in the fall for some 6+ pitch routes (namely Frogland, Epinephrine, and Crimson Crysalis to start).  Unfortunately my old trad partner lost his mental game in 2010 and is taking a break.  On the bright side I'm climbing steadily with my girlfriend now and a couple other regulars. I'm still open to climbing with new folks if you're interested. 

As of 10/20/09:  So, why is it hard to find a steady climbing partner with similar goals as me?  Hm.  Well, my 12a goal fell to the wayside.  July and August were a bust for various reasons.  Regardless I still hit some targets.  V5 at Morrison and multiple onsites near my "limit."  The latest was three 11a onsites in one weekend.  The season is not over yet.  Yellow Spur will be mine! I also want an 11c redpoint.  That 13a is looking really far away though. 

As of 2/4/09:  I should just start a blog.  Back on track.  The wind farm has been ticked.  Now, I just have 2 weeks left in MN and I'll be back in CO.  I've been training diligently according to Eric Horst's "Conditioning for Climbing" book.  I've added V6 to the list of goals for this season, too.  AND by the end of 2010 I want 5.13a ticked as well.   

As of 10/24/08:  Well, so much for goals.  I had a knee injury which benched me for a few months.  July and August were fun with some moderate tics from the Neptune Hit List, though I do not think I reached my halfway point.  And now, I'm grounded.  Work has landed me in Minnesota building wind farms for the rest of the year.  At least I have a gym nearby.  Oh well.  I still have my goals.

Comments